Misunderstood Disney Witches: Part 2

Monday, September 26, 2011
Misunderstood Disney Witches (part 2)

Ahhh, the World of Disney. Just thinking about it brings back memories of my childhood. My brother and I watched Lion King, Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, etc., on REPEAT back in the day!

And by "back in the day" I mean last week. Don't judge me.

Some of my fave Disney movies were the ones with witches in them (go figure). And I sorta feel like maybe they might have been...misunderstood. Hear me out. I think a lot of these ladies just had issues like you and me. 

*Ursula*
Fierce
 
I kind of admired Ursula when I was younger. Here was this FULL FIGURED woman, with so much assurance and killer swag, I wished I had HALF of her self - confidence. She worked it! And I loved it. Not to mention she was a brilliant alchemist and sorceress; which made me want to pay attention more in chemistry. 

 
I'm sexy and I know it
  
 Yet this poor unfortunate soul, I feel, was possibly the victim of bullying when she was just a wee cecaelia. She probably had to deal with kids calling her names at school due to her weight; especially standing next to her sister, Morgana:

Miss Atlantica 2000

As well as a resemblance to a certain "sweet transvestite":

 Can you Time Warp in water?

So now, Ursula is all grown up. And although she has brushed her haters off her shoulders and has come to own her diva-ness, you would think she would be content with that. But nay. She wants to show all those merpeople who's boss. She wants to rule the ocean!! Unfortunately, she may have gone about it the wrong way...

Don't make me shove this up your...

The bullied had become the bully. This is always a sad tale. Which eventually led to her demise.

Ursula needed to float back a lil and see that she could be great without being a bully. 

And that a lot of those merpeople would just go on to work in a cubical, 10 hours a day, miserable behind their coral desk, swim in fin to fin traffic to go home and do it all over again the next day.

While she would go on to be the most brilliant and successful alchemist/sorceress/plus size model in all of Atlantica's history.
 
Be great. Don't be a bully.


(For Erica) 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This is awesome
    -MC

Post a Comment