Holi ~ Festival Of Colors Celebrates Spring

Thursday, March 8, 2012
"Holi (also known as Dol JatraBasantotsav) is the Hindu festival of colors. It is celebrated at the end of the winter season, on the last full moon day of the lunar month Phalguna. In 2012, Holi will be celebrated on March 8.  Holi is observed with great fanfare by Hindus all over the world. Holi celebrations begin on the eve of the festival with bonfires and prayers. On the day of Holi, people throw colored powder and liquids at each other. A common greeting during this time is, "Happy Holi.""




HOW FUN DOES THIS LOOK?!?!?  




For the full story and more awesome pictures follow the link:  Holi 2012 Festival of Colors Spring 


~Amethyst~

3 comments:

  1. Wenndy said...:

    I have the wonderful opportunity to go to a Holi festival near my hometown in Utah and it is such a wonderful experience. This year the festival will be on the 24th of March and I am already getting ready for it and will definitely be posting all of the pictures of the event on my blog. Hope you have the opportunity to go to a festival as well.

  1. That sounds amazing! I'd love to attend a Holi festival one day, it seems like such a happy/fun festival. Enjoy it!

    ~Amethyst~

  1. Holi Festival is indeed one of the most festive occasion in India. That's seen on every Holi picture I see as I blog hop for holi festival. This year, I would like to send my warmest holi greetings to all and to all of my friends and loved ones. I hope you all enjoy the Holi!

Post a Comment