To cut.....or NOT to cut

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

| | |
Found this very interesting article on a GREAT spiritual page on Facebook (link down below) and I wanted to share it with our readers:

"Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved \’feelers\’ or \’antennae\’ that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem..., the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment.


With the usual enticements, the U.S. Military,enlisted some Indian trackers. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.


Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.


When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer ’sense’ the enemy, they could no longer access a ’sixth sense’ , their ’intuition’ no longer was reliable, they couldn’t ’read’ subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.


Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.


Here is a typical test:


The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed ’enemy’ approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible..."


Photo: Designer & artist, Ladene Clark



I found this topic very interesting. I didn't even get a TRIM until I was about 14 or 15 years old because I valued my hair so much. And I didn't cut it again until I was in my twenties. This also reminds me of the movie Avatar and how the Na'vi's hair connected them to the environment.



While I do agree with the article above, I also feel there is a liberating and empowering feeling that comes with cutting/shaving your hair. I know many people who do it after a difficult period in their lives to signify the change and transformation into the new life they will start. Tonsure is still a common practice among monks and practitioners of the Hindu faith also. 

One of the most powerful and emotional moments on TV for me was on one of my favorite shows, The Amazing Race:


 As her husband pointed out, as more and more hair was cut off, Joyce seemed to blossom and become more brave. This moment, for women especially, I felt really captured both the emotional attachment we can have to our hair and the strength and courage we always have when it comes to getting things done. 

The card in the beginning read: "It is a custom in India to express gratitude for good fortune". In this case, good fortune was definitely bestowed upon Uchenna and Joyce. They won the whole race.

So this leads me back to my original question: To cut, or not to cut? 

What are your thoughts? 

~*Atreya*~ 



Source:

The Journey to the Revelation of My Soul Facebook Page 

1 comments:

Salem Witch Child said...

This inspired me to write, so instead of posting my reply here I've posted it on my own blog. Thanks for the interesting ideas!

http://salemwitchchild.blogspot.com/2012/06/extension-of-me.html

Post a Comment