Venus Retrograde: Love is a Battlefield

Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Too right you are Pat Benatar.

I should really stop acting surprised when I hear of another planet going retrograde. While Mercury is the more commonly known, Mars took me by surprise recently. And now Venus. Bittersweet Venus.

I have been having quite the pity party for myself the past week. I was dwelling on the fact that most of my friends are either engaged or married. Had a Britney moment and felt my lonliness was killing me. It's been driving me crazy! I'm not like this! I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me. I consider myself to be a strong, independant woman who celebrates her single status! And as a Pisces, I also enjoy my isolation sometimes. But I've been so love sick lately, it was beginning to frighten me.

C'mon Atreya! Get a hold of yourself! Man-up!....er umm....Witch-up!



As I was on Facebook the other day, a friend posted something about Venus Retrograde. And that's when it all started to make sense.

First, as always, a review:

"A planet is described as retrograde when it appears to be moving backwards through the zodiac. According to modern science, this traditional concept arises in the illusory planetary motion created by the orbital rotation of the earth with relation to other planets in our solar system. It's a bit like traveling on the road watching another car beside you: when the other car slows down, or you speed up, it looks as though the other car is moving backwards. Planets are never actually retrograde or stationary, they just seem that way due to this cosmic shadow-play."

Retrograde effects differ according to the sign in which it happens.

And that sign happens to be...


GEMINI!

                                         I can't stand it here. I rather go there. You do too. Trust me.

This year Venus is going retrograde from May 15th - June 27th.


Lovely Venus rules, well...most obviously, LOVE! Most people tend to stop there. But Venus also rules beauty, art, music, relationships, pleasure and get this - money!  


                                                                   Dolla, dolla bills ya'll

So what does this mean as far as Venus retrograde in Gemini goes??

"...it's supposed to mean that our love lives enter a fated period where we may relive past life experiences in order to sort out karmic issues. Old friends or lovers may reappear and there may be more difficulty in giving and receiving love and affection."

This retrograde deals with our romantic lives and our values. On the down side, it can be more of a distorted perspective and attitude.

Hence, my mopy pity party.


Well no moping for you! I'm giving you a heads up:

"This is a time when you will start to analyze your personal life and relationships that you have.
You may want to evaluate the reason why others are in your life and what value do they really have for you. You are aware of these issues, differences or unresolved problems with others. Wait till Venus goes direct if you are planning to let go of people from your life. This will give you more understanding of what is and has been going on and your role in the relationship. But you must also realize that in any relationship there will always be differences. The question is how much do you want to tolerate and what is actually depleting or negative to your well being as a whole. "


"In some cases, if a relationship has difficulties, things can work themselves out for the best. During this retrograde, we find people feeling more unloved, unappreciated and disappointed. Remember it is almost like the opposite of what the planet has to offer. People will feel that they need to get more out a relationship. This makes it a great time to mend relationships and apologize when needed in relationships."


Just as signing new contracts or purchasing new electronics during MERCURY retrograde is not recommended, it's probably not the best idea to get married or start new relationships during this period. Probably won't last that long. Though giving a past relationship a second try might work during this retrograde.

As far as the money aspect of Venus, any major financial decisions should probably take a backseat until Venus goes direct. All you shopaholics: Hey! PUT. THE. CREDIT. CARD. DOWN! No shopping binges!! The consequences of your purchases might bite you in the ass later. Especially the really pricey ones. 

HOWEVER: If you are going to be shopping for things you want (rather than things you need), this is an ideal time to buy antiques! Secondhand purchases are even better during this time (yay flea markets!), especially if you have the upper hand on the seller and know the real worth of the items. And when in doubt, haggle haggle HAGGLE! That garage sale down the block is lookin real nice right about now huh....

Oh...and no messing with your face and body!! (aka cosmetic surgery) I wouldn't buy any make-up products that you haven't tried before either.

                                          New and improved Joker products. Totally safe I'm sure...

Retrogrades in general are a time for reflection and second chances. And once I read about Venus Retrograde, I took the time to meditate and reflect on past relationships that were coming to the foreground lately. I enjoyed the good memories, but did not dwell on them. Dwelling on memories for too long, even happy ones, takes you away from the present.  I reflected on the rocky moments as well. And as I did, I thought about what I learned, how I have grown since then as a person and lover, and most of all, what I STILL need to learn from those relationships about MYSELF.

Retrogrades are like that. They put the issues you need to work on the most all up in ya face! Retrogrades throw you in the pool with no arm floaties and you have to suck it up and learn how to kick to the surface. And that is /was happening to me. I'm doggie paddling in the pool of longing. Don't misunderstand me, I am most definitely still a strong independant woman, who loves being single; but until I resolve these issues, I'm not going to evolve into a better version of myself, nor will I bring any new love in my life.  

So come on Venus. I'm ready. Just you, me, and a box of tissues. Let's do this!

~*Atreya*~



Sources:
http://darkstarastrology.com/venus-retrograde/

http://www.carlamary.net/venusretrograde2012.html



3 comments:

  1. Rxs hit me hard cuz lucky for me i have all 5 outer planets rx.. Atreya thanks for this update on the shenanigans in the sky!! ;)

  1. Sincere Divinity said...:

    OOOhh so that's why I'm feeling like I’m being ignored etc by the mister.... I thought it was something off but didn’t realize it was Venus. She usually loves us so much.

    Funny thing is I was having a problem communicating with my broker & the guy I’m dating. So much for her affects on love and money!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    nice posting.. thanks for sharing..

Post a Comment