2013: The Year that Should Not Have Been

Thursday, January 17, 2013
Unless you were living under a rock last December (though if you did, I mean no offense. I love me some stoners. See what I did there?), I'm sure you were somewhat privy to the "End of the World" predictions in relation to the Mayan Calendar. 

And I sort of feel like the world was split into 2 main groups when it came to what people believed about December 21st, 2012:


GROUP A  




and


GROUP B






Actually, I think there was also a third group. One that I'd like to believe Amethyst and I belonged to, along with many other Witches, New Agers, Lightworkers, etc. :

GROUP C









There were a variety of different beliefs within this group (as the others), but I think the majority of us could agree on one thing: an energy shift. And not one rooted in fear. There was excitement, love, and inspiration. Whether it was globally, galactically, or personally, there was a different feel to the energy around us. So yes, energetically, an "end of the world" as we knew it. Cue R.E.M.....

Regardless of which group you were in, I think at one point or another, we might have had this thought (even if it was only for a split second):

"What if there is no next year??"

Actually, that question alone might potentially be the cause of quite a few Virgos and Libras born this year. I digress.




But we made it. 2013 already in full swing. I can't help but feel that this is the Year of Possibilities. The Year of Dreams. The Year of....well...everything!

And I don't mean the typical, "New year, new me! This is MY year! Woo hoo!"

I am a firm believer that thoughts are energy and have the power to create. And I think so many people believed that the world was doomed last year on the Winter Solstice, that 2013 feels like the year that was not meant to be. 

But it is.

Probably thanks to one of these two:




Whether it was these two or not, it feels like the Universe found a quarter in its old winter coat and put it in the arcade game of life at the very last second. We got a "Continue". A 1UP.  

What would you do with extra time that you possibly weren't supposed to have?? 

This should be a year full of "Why nots". I think we should all take advantage of this gift. Take advantage of "the year that should not have been". 

If you're not sure, try to go outside, preferably somewhere quiet and where you can touch the Earth. Meditate quietly, even if it's only for a few minutes, so you can feel the energy around you. I assure you, something's different. 

And I really feel that this year, ANYTHING can happen.

So now, more then ever...

...write that novel, sing that song (on stage!), take that class, go on that trip (that you've always wanted to take!), reconnect with that friend, gain that weight, cast that spell, tell them you love them, find that new job, lose that weight, reconcile with your family, learn that language, paint that piece, and DANCE. Just dance.

For you.

Just for you.

Happy 2013. 

GO!

~*Atreya*~

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Made me a lil emotional... right on sister!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    yay! I'm ready to bath in the wave of new possibilities. And naked..............! yay why not?

  1. DARKWENCH said...:

    I was definitely in group C....
    Thanks for a great blog post, did make me chuckle!!
    This year is full of great plans in this household - including a trip overseas at the end of the year....
    LIFE IS EXCELLENT IN 2013 :o)

Post a Comment