So It's Yule.... Again

Tuesday, February 19, 2013
     So it's Yule again in our house!  Our bell rang and a package of unknown origin was delivered to me. I was completely confused and had no idea where it came from.  I opened the box and inside was a stack of Pagan books!  Then it hit me.  A few months ago, while visiting friends in Connecticut, my old friend Agnes (She's not old, in fact she's younger than I. I've known her for over 10 years.) told me she'd found some books that might interest me while she was cleaning out her basement. Agnes had no idea who the books belonged to or where they came from. Since she isn't Pagan and no one in her home is she decided to pass them along to me, knowing I'd get some use out of them. She said she would send them to me when she had a chance and I'd forgotten all about that conversation until the package arrived in the mail today.  Atreya and I are beyond excited to read them because they are not only books we've never seen before but authors we aren't familiar with! Loving the opportunity to read and learn something new.  


The books are: 
  • Celestial Goddess:An Illustrated Meditation Guide  by: Lisa Hunt
  • Tarot Spells  by: Janina Renee
  • The Sacred Circle Tarot:A Celtic Pagan Journey by: Anna Franklin  illustrated by: Paul Mason
  • Celtic Myth and Legend  by: Charles Squire
  • Celtic Astrology: How The Mystical Power of the Druid Tree Signs Can Transform Your Life by: Phyllis Vega
  • The Pictorial Key to the Tarot  by: Edward Waite
  • The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Spells and Magic  by: The Diagram Group
(If you've read any of these books please feel free to leave a comment and tell us what you thought of it.)

     I told you about these books for a couple of reasons.  First, Atreya and I are excited to dive into the new knowledge brought to us in these books.  One of the goals of a witch is to never stop learning, so getting a stack of new books is a great opportunity to further our witchy education.  Also, opening a big box filled with books is like opening presents on Yule to us.  Anyone that is in love with books and has an over stuffed bookcase knows what I'm talking about.  
     Second, I'm a lucky witch.  I've been lucky enough to find wonderful, caring and accepting people to be friends with.  Many of them I met years ago during my time away at college well before I began inching my way out of the broom closet.  Now, over ten years later, I've kicked the broom closet door completely open only to find that my friends love me anyway.  They treat me the same, openly ask me questions about my beliefs and when they come across something they think I'd find interesting (like a stack of basically new Pagan books) they send it my way without hesitation.  I'm a lucky witch because my friends and family (for the most part) accept me, warts and all, and I get wonderful surprises like books from my old friend Agnes.  I wish all witches and Pagans experienced the same level of acceptance from those closest to them.  

Bright Blessings and Blessed Yule.... Again,
~Amethyst~

2 comments:

  1. I have The sacred circle Tarot with the cards and I love it, the tarot cards are so beautiful I work with them so well :)

    Have a great time!

    Lluisa x

  1. That's always exciting when you get new books! I love reading. Right now, I'm reading The Earth Path by Starhawk. Maybe I'll try to find some of those books you found and check them out for myself.

Post a Comment